Sunday, January 1, 2012

In Which the Blog Gets Renamed...

Today is the first day of the New Year.  I'm willing to still call this -- when it is 12:08 a.m. and I have not yet gone to bed-- today, as in "Today is the first day of the New Year."

And a great day to attempt a re-launch of my blog.  I've spent the day building the page.  Fitting it out like a cozy nest.  Not bad for a start. 

The first thing I had to get right was the name of the blog.

Rejected Blog names:
Chang Chang Change – too Asian
Chopped Liver, What Am I?  -- too Jewish
Camel Toe Pick – too… Wheel of Fortune

Squirrel Diversions – “not even worthy to be on my rejection list” (rejection attributed to Tom – also attributed to Tom: “Camel Toe Pick” – though I claim the reason for rejection on that one, both the stated and assumed)
Madam Imadam – Tom’s suggestion
Sarah Palindrome – Tom’s suggestion
Squirrel Gnats – made Tom laugh (and he called it suggestive!)  But no, like in squirrels have to whack off gnats… I’m not building my case here.
  
WHO am I?  What am I about?  That’s what I need to know to name my blog.  I’m about diverting attention.  I’m about changing the subject.  I’m about being a Jane of All Trades, Master of Some.

How about JOATMOS?  Too obscure.
Jane-of-All or Janeofall or Jaynufall
Impeccably Distracted
Rebeccably Distracted

And so it was born.  Or reborn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment